The Club shall be called MALDEN CAMERA CLUB.
The Club aims to encourage and promote members’ interest in the art and science of photography.
The Club shall consist of the following classes of members:
- Honorary Life Members
- Ordinary Members
- Junior Members (under 21 years of age)
- Honorary Members
- Associate Members
Honorary and Associate Members are not eligible to vote at meetings. All other members are entitled to vote. Honorary Members may not offer themselves for election as Club Officers.
The Club’s financial year runs from 1st January to 31st December. The annual subscription shall be determined from time to time at a General Meeting of the Club. Members joining after this date shall pay such reduced subscription for the unexpired period as the Committee may decide. A members whose subscription is more than 3 months overdue will be deemed to have terminated their membership.
- Application for Membership
Candidates for membership shall make application in writing to the Secretary. Admission shall be decided by the Committee whose decision is final. Candidates under 16 must produce the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- Expulsion of Members
A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the Club at the decision of the Committee. The Committee can request a member to appear before it without stating a reason provided that where any charge or accusation is made, the member shall be given full and reasonable opportunity to make a defence and bring witnesses to a later meeting. A member who has been expelled or asked to resign shall have the right to appeal to a Special General Meeting of the Club called for this purpose. All Committee proceedings and those of any Special General Meeting called at the request of a member under this rule, shall be treated as privileged and confidential.
Meeting places and times will be arranged by the Committee.
- Special General Meetings
Special General Meetings may be convened by the Committee or on a requisition signed by five members. The notice of the meeting stating the object will be displayed on the Club Notice Board at not less than two consecutive meetings so that at least 21 days notice is given. No business other than that specified by the Notice may be discussed at the meeting. At the Special Meeting a quorum will consist of one third of the membership.
- Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held not later than 3 months after the end of the financial year when the Committee shall present their Report and a properly audited Statement of Accounts for the past year. Officers and Members of the Committee shall be elected by secret ballot. Written Notice shall be given to every member at least 21 days before the meeting. At the Annual General Meeting a quorum will consist of one third of the Membership. Notification of proposed amendments to Club Rules must be notified to the Membership a minimum of 14 days before the AGM.
A Non-Executive President shall be elected each year. The Management of the Club shall be vested in a Committee composed only of members of the Club who do not hold office in any other local photographic society. The Officers of the Club shall be Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Committee shall consist of the Officers of the Club plus not more than five other members to be elected at the Annual General Meeting, (except as provided in Rule 14) and to hold office for one year. All Officers and Committee Members are eligible for re-election each year.
The Committee shall ensure that the monies of the Club (with the exception of a sum not exceeding £50 to be held by the Treasurer as petty cash) are deposited at a Bank or Building Society. Cheques drawn on the Club Account must be signed by any two members of the committee who have been authorised to sign cheques. No payment shall be made from the Club’s Monies or the Club’s Credit pledged without the prior authority of the Committee.
An Independent Examiner will be selected at each Annual General Meeting to act as Auditor for the period of one year. This person shall not hold any other office in the Club during that time.
- Title to Assets
All assets acquired by the Club are the sole property of the members. In the event of the Club ceasing to function they will be realised. After the payment of debts the remaining proceeds shall be divided equally amongst the fully paid-up members on the Club’s Register at that time.
- Powers of the Committee
The Committee shall be empowered to:
- Manage all affairs of the Club in the best interest of the members and to conduct business of their behalf in furtherance of the objectives of the Club.
- To co-opt to the Committee (or any sub-committee) any member of the Club whose special qualifications may be valuable.
- To appoint any member of the Club to fill any vacancy that may arise on the Committee provided that such appointment be reported at the next club meeting.
- To decide what duties shall be performed by each member of the Committee and by the Officers of the Club in addition to the duties proper to their office.
- To formulate rules for the proper conduct of meetings and the Club’s affairs.
- To ensure that business is conducted only in the presence of a quorum which shall consist of five elected members of the Committee.
- To appoint members of the Club to carry out special duties under their direction and supervision.
Visitors sponsored by a member of the Club and potential members may be admitted to ordinary meetings if accommodation is available. Non-members shall have free admission to a maximum of three ordinary meetings in any one Club Year.
- Alteration to Rules
No alteration or addition to these Rules shall be made except at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called in accordance with Rule 8. Notification of proposed amendments to Club Rules must be given to members at least 14 days before the AGM or SGM.
- Rules for Club Competitions
- The Club shall arrange competitions to suit the requirements of the members, the Rules for which shall be encapsulated in a "Rules of Competition".
- Changes to the Rules of Competition shall be made in accordance with Rule 16, Alteration to Rules, but trial changes may be made as required mid-year if approved by the Committee.